Do you like gay historical fiction? Do you love the idea of men loving men in times when wearing lace and brocade wasn’t just for ballroom dancers and that men walking arm in arm together wasn’t at all unusual? Do you want to read about English men who are almost too repressed to tell each other how they feel and have to do it very privately anyway?
Well you are in the right place!
- Latest News
- Cover for new version of Standish. Ben Baldwin does it again!
- “Standish” to be republished by Lethe Press once I’ve re-written it.
- “I Knew Him” (1922 gay fiction) sold to Lethe Press - out 2013, with luck!
- “A Brush with Darkness” released 19 March 2012 as part of Carina Press’s inaugural M/M week.
- “Junction X” released November 2011
- New sale to Carina Press–”A Brush with Darkness” to be published Spring 2012
- New Novella: “Muffled Drum” released 4 July 2011
- New Novel: Mere Mortals
- New Novella: Tributary
- Who Is Erastes?
- Charity anthology out now – I DO – in support of Gay Equality of Marriage
- Bookplates and Signed Books.
- Historical Research Links.
- Why Gay Historical Romance?
I’m the creator of Speak Its Name – the only place on the net for reviews, resources and discussion of gay historical fiction.
My latest published book is JUNCTION X published by CHEYENNE BOOKS. Based on a tragic true story, it is the tale of Edward, a closeted, married, middle-aged stockbroker who, in 1960′s England, falls passionately in love for the first time, with the 17 year old son of his next-door-neighbour.