Anyway, back to the question…
1. Drive less. Use your bike to nip to the shop
2. Car Share/Car pool for work, picking up the kids
3. BUY A SMALLER CAR. You can buy cars that do 40 miles to the gallon and more.
4. Drive slower – I’ve dropped to a maximum of 50 miles an hour now, and it’s really made a big difference
5. Shop online. I buy just about everything online – and a tesco delivery deliveies 100s of orders with just one truck. I also order my library books online which means I don’t have to drive 20 miles to the big library hoping they’ll have the book I want. for 55p I can have any book I want delivered to my local library.
6. Shop more efficiently. Buy everything you need at once so it’s only a weekly thing. Bulk buy.
7. Encourage the kids to use their bikes a lot more
8. Get rid of the extra cars – do you really need 2 or 3?
9. Keep your tyres pumped up, flat tyres use more petrrol
10. Keep your car serviced