I’ve been getting the nicest letters from readers regarding Transgressions (mostly again, from men) which gives me a happy warm glow every time I get one. I wonder why most of my letters are from men, though. It’s probably because women have known for ages that gay romance is out there, and that they just move on to the next one, but most of the letters from men say that they’ve only just discovered gay historical romance and are thrilled to bits to have found it. Many have been reading heterosexual historicals to slake their need for hot men in period costumes, so to find historicals with no woman in the mix – priceless!
I’m thrilled that they’ve reintroduced the beaver to Britain – just thrilled. In Scotland, so I’m unlikely ever to see one in Norfolk in my lifetime, but I hope they come back here eventually.
If you haven’t got Speak Its Name on Feed – and why not??? – then we’ve had a flurry of reviews recently (thanks mainly to Leslie Nichol) so pop over – here’s the most recent:
- Review: Awakening by Terry O’Reilly
- Review: Pure Folly by Madelynne Ellis
- Review: Black Butterfly by Mark Gatiss
- Review: Paragon of Animals by J S Cook
- Gay Historical Submission Calls
- Review: Those Who Cherish by Jamie Craig
- Review: Rainbow Plantation Blues by Robert L Sheeley
- Review: False Colors by Alex Beecroft
- Review: Ship of Dreams by Reilly Ryan
- Review: Regeneration by Pat Barker
- Review: Transgressions by Erastes
- Review: Mark Antonious deMortford by G.A. Hauser
- Review: Banshee by Hayden Thorne
- Call for Submissions – Lesbian Historical Romance
- Review: Confessing A Murder by Nicholas Drayson
And because I am a sheep, I am vastly amused by this Meme: Mr Malfoy has stalked off in a huff, but I can tell you that several of these ARE TRUE!!
- Lucius Malfoy has a bifurcated penis!
- Devoid of his cells and proteins, Lucius Malfoy has the same chemical makeup as sea water.
- Lucius Malfoy is the only bird that can swim but not fly!
- It is bad luck to walk under Lucius Malfoy.
- Bees visit over three million flowers to make a single kilogram of Lucius Malfoy!
- Influenza got its name because people believed the disease was caused by the evil "influence" of Lucius Malfoy.
- All the moons of the Solar System are named after characters from Greek and Roman mythology, except the moons of Uranus, which are named after Lucius Malfoy!
- Antarctica is the only continent without Lucius Malfoy!
- Lucius Malfoy is the largest of Saturn’s moons.
- Lucius Malfoy is the smallest of Jupiter’s many moons.
How is everyone? I know I’ve been missing a lot recently, but I still read you all.© Copyright 2009 Erastes, All rights Reserved. Written For: Erastes